Saturday 27 March 2021

When Anger Shows - Live on Instagram 27th March 2021

 

Up next is another song in the series you never knew you wanted, but as an Editors fan is probably now one of the happiest points of your week. The Slow Motion Soundtrack acquired another addition to its ever increasing setlist. This time Tom went back 14 years to An End Has a Start and selected When Anger Shows as his tune of choice. In keeping with the rarity/scarce dynamic, I don't believe we've ever had this song in this form before. It's so good and once again, I really appreciate the gesture from Tom of not just digging out the classics and going for the easy win. This is shaping up to be the kind of setlist that hardcore weirdo folks would put together and I should know, because we can smell our own.   

I will admit that I miss those drums from Ed, which I remember reading at the time were extremely difficult to get recorded. Actually, I miss all the other members of the band. That's no slight on Mr Smith, far from it. These intimate interludes have been amazing, but it only subdues the longing for the full Editors experience. It doesn't fully eliminate it. Enjoy the music ;)   
 
 
 
Other Entries on the "Slow Motion Soundtrack" *
 
 *To avoid any confusion, (or a potential lawsuit), please note that Slow Motion Soundtrack is not an official Editors title. Pure artistic license on my part, no royalties have been demanded or exchanged.
 
brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x