Sunday 6 September 2015

Absolute Radio 6th September 2015

Here's the second of tonight's radio appearances by Editors, the first one being a recording for French station OuiFM which is available here. This time it's here in the UK on Absolute Radio with Danielle Perry. The dynamic drum and bass duo of Leetch and Lay dropped by to talk about In Dream, which provided KingLeetch with his first opportunity to use the phrase "This is on!" on the radio. At this point you can start to see some of the similarities in the types of questions they're getting right now, which I suppose is to be expected. Weirdly, this was the second time in two separate interviews today that we've heard Chris referred to as "stern" in reference to the songwriting process of the original lineup.  

As is sometimes the case, an official track was played during the interview so I edited it out in the interests of not sharing commercially available stuff. Before I go I should add that I had to sit through Fields of Gold by Sting, Dreadlock Holiday by 10CC, and All Over the World by ELO while waiting to grab this tonight. I'm not fishing for pity, just making you aware of the occasional downside of being an Editors fan. I took those bullets for you cheerfully, dear reader, but I feel as though my poor ears will never be clean again. Enjoy ;)


brought to you with lots of lemming-love :) x