Friday 10 May 2013

Tom on StuBru 7th May 2013 (audio)

Up next is a telephone chat with Tom from long-time supporter of the group, Studio Brussel, regarding the current state of play with Editors and the new record TWOYL. The Chris Question is touched upon again but the more I hear the band being interviewed I'm finding a strange thing happening. Before I say this, I want to make it clear that I wish nothing but happiness for Chris, who is a musician that I really admire and who had an undeniable influence on the sound of Editors music. I absolutely miss him, a lot, but I sadly have to acknowledge the fact that he isn't a part of Editors any more.  

When the split first happened, I found myself wanting to know all the details. What happened? Who said what? Why did it happen at all? But to be honest with you, that voyeuristic impulse has pretty much gone and I'm now feeling like I only want to hear more about the present and future of Editors; what's happening next rather than Tom being made to go through how bad things got towards the end of Chris' tenure with the group. It must be hideous for him,  and more than a little bit frustrating when all you want to do is move forward as a band.  Don't get me wrong, I want to know what's happening with Chris, that's he's OK and doing something he enjoys too.   I just feel like maybe The Weight of Your Love should be viewed as the start of something totally new, because ultimately Editors will live or die by the music they make right now and in the future.

Before I go, this interview clip also contained one of the greatest competitions ever, a chance to sit in with the band while they rehearse for the upcoming live shows. Hell yes! Congrats to whoever won that, I hope you have a wonderful time. Check out the interview below:-

stream it here

brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x