Wednesday 7 November 2012

And then we hit a wall.....

Hi everyone,

Sadly this post is full of bad news and negativity,  which is the last thing I want to put out into the world here at The Lemming Archive. I've abandoned my current file hosting provider for a number of very specific reasons. I won't go into details here, suffice to say that I've been jerked around for the best part of a month and none of the problems I've been experiencing have been resolved. The service was incredibly shoddy, and as such I don't recommend them to you at all. If I'm having problems then it means that all the Editors fans who visit the site also get to experience those same problems, and I take that more personally than perhaps I should. So it's been a total let-down and I'm really disappointed.

The absolutely huge downside to this is, of course, that all the files and links here at the Archive will be obsolete very soon (if they aren't already). There's way over a hundred posts here, and it now means that I'll  have to find a new hosting service and then re-up all the files to make them all working valid again. Those of you who have been with the site since it started will probably remember this situation happening before, when Megaupload (and all my uploaded files) got taken down by the Feds.  With the memory of that little disaster still fresh in my mind, and after the frustrations and hassles with the premium service I just left, I have to be brutally honest and say that it's been really tempting to throw in the towel and just walk away from this.

But the truth is really, really simple; I absolutely love this band and I want other folks in the world to get as much out of listening to them as I do. I started this blog to give old and new fans a central place to collect and check out material by Editors that they may have otherwise missed, and I still feel passionate enough about the band to continue on.  So for that reason (and as daunting as it is!), I'm going to select somewhere new to store the files over the next few days, buy a new premium account and then begin the long process of rebuilding the Archive. It's going to take a while, but it'll be worth it. 

Thanks a lot for your patience, stay tuned for regular updates about how things are progressing. 

drew :) x