Saturday 6 August 2022

Editors Instagram - July 2022

 Old Photos of Editors Volume 1 - "EBM" (Elliott Before Maturity)
 
July contained a few more festival appearances for the band, taking in Italy Span and Romania. That last date was a significant one for the Archive because it had some consequences attached to it. I'll get to that shortly.
 
A remix of Karma Climb by Jennifer Cardini and Damon Gee was released on the 21st, you can listen to it here.
 
On the 22nd the organisers of  United Arts Festival in Poland announced that the festival which should have happened on the 12th of August was now cancelled. It means that, along with Wide Skies, Editors' first two live engagements of that month have been called off. It brings the total of events that the band themselves didn't abandon but fell through to 3 on this tour cycle (after the weather killed In This Together for them and Soul to Soul but not Noel Gallagher), and I don't recall this happening before. Tenuous travels.

Ed made an appearance on the Ipswich Town related Blue Monday podcast on the 26th to talk football, philanthropy and Editors' current activities, all of which you can check it out here

Before July 2022 departed, Editors played at Low Festival on the 30th July. You can listen to the Radio 3 broadcast of their set by going here

As I mentioned right at the top, on the 14th July they played Electric Castle and the resulting set was streamed live. It was wonderful, a chance to take a professionally-shot look at the newer songs being played. I captured it, uploaded it to the YouTube profile and moved on to the next thing.  It survived online for less than a week, after which I was the subject of a copyright breach notice.
 
An actual named person who works for Electric Castle Festival contacted YouTube and had them nuke the video completely. Given the personal nature of the complaint and, rather than it being an algorithm glitch, I figured I should introduce myself and put my argument forward as to why this amazing show should remain online,. Perhaps to even see if I could work with them to make that happen.
 
I removed the individual standalone clips I had made of Heart Attack, Karma Climb and Kiss from the show in case they too became targets of retribution. Then I contacted the complainant using the email that was provided to me as part of the takedown notice. I made what I felt was a compelling case for the EC set to remain available to fans in video form but, as of the time of publishing this post, they have chosen to totally ignore me.
 
From the views generated in the brief week it stayed online at the Archive, people were loving it. Unless they plan to release it themselves, I wonder what Electric Castle plans to do with this footage. Will it ever be shown again? If not, isn't that just a huge waste of time and effort on everyone's part? Literally everybody loses.
 
And on that upbeat and optimistic note...

Editors Instagram - July 2022 

For all of Editors' previous Instagram posts, go here.
 
brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x