Tuesday 22 November 2016

Oddity #20 - Danish Workout Video

Whenever you're in a place other than the one you live in, you can sometimes be visited by an unsettled feeling of longing for something familiar. That's the background to this particular Editors oddity. I was in a hotel room in Copenhagen recently at about 6.30am. The sun was coming up over the harbour, the morning cyclists were beginning to file over the Bicycle Snake bridge by the Fisketorvet mall, and the city was starting to wake up. I flipped on the television with the intention of watching CNN to get the latest happenings from around the world, but rather than go straight there I did a little bit of channel surfing. 

It was during my station by station odyssey that I landed on DR3 which was showing clips of forthcoming shows (they were repeatedly pushing Black Sails 3, for some reason. People seem to really dig pirates in Denmark). Out of nowhere there was a morning exercise programme with a amiable guy called Peter, who seemed intent on persuading viewers to do some cardio.

At 6.30am.

In the morning.

I was about to push the button on the remote control and move along when something wonderful happened. All at once I had a spring in my step that had nothing to do with working out, and everything to do with something instantly recognisable. The magic in this clip starts at about 1 minute and 35 seconds. Enjoy ;)



And don't forget, you can catch up with other Editors Oddities using the following links:-

brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x