Wednesday 6 July 2016

Editors Instagram - June 2016

It's the beginning of a new month, and so it's time to share the latest batch of Editors related photography from the one we just lived through. Because of all the touring they've been  doing during what is presumably the twilight of the In Dream campaign, there's been a fair bit of pictorial activity on social media. I've become quite the fan of Justin's black and white airport shots, one of which is the lead for this post. He's sharing them as regularly as he's travelling, and I've put all the ones from June in this collection. 

Last month also saw the release of the All the Kings video, which was a collaboration between Tom and Rahi and was shot in a very rainy looking Holland. I've been so busy with all the other festival stuff that I didn't actually get a chance to sit and watch the clip until now, and a strange thing happened. I've become so conditioned to listening to these songs live now that the studio versions are starting to feel unfamiliar. For example, when I reached the part of the song that goes "immunity over, pick a moment then stop", I was expecting a pause just after it because that's what's been happening when they play it live. I literally ran the Rahi video and the track from In Dream side by side because I'd convinced myself that it had been re-recorded for the promo clip. Of course it hadn't, I was just having a "moment". Similarly, I had to request clarification that the music to Chapter 2 wasn't a brand new piece of music written for the video, but it's actually right there on the album after the song. Like Radiohead said, "We are losing it, can't you tell?"......

Enjoy the snaps ;) 

Editors Instagram May 2016


For all of Editors' other Instagram posts, go here.

brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x