Monday 30 November 2015

News item on Jason C lost in a moment at Werchter 2010

This is a special post for Editors' superfan, Jason, who went from being a guy in the crowd to a genuine news item. I should warn you that the clip was ripped from a European website back in the day so the dialogue isn't in English. That being said, you don't really need it to be to understand what's going on. 

Ever the contrarian, when I think of Werchter I always remember that version of Two Hearted Spider from the 2012 show, but most people associate Editors at Werchter with No Sound But The Wind. A good percentage of us also associate it with Jason losing himself in the moment to that song. And 5 years later, it's still fantastic. This is Jason being interviewed about the whole thing. Smile and enjoy ;)

Translation very kindly provided by Orealo, big thanks to you for this:-

Narrator: Since last week Jason Callewaert is a famous Flemish person. And that has everything to do with these pictures: <RW 2010 scene> Narrator: During the Editors show at Werchter, Jason let himself go on the music of his favorite group. Jason: I heard people clapping yelling and applauding and I looked around to see what that was about.. I thought something was happening. But I couldn't really see the screens, the boxes were in front. They told me it was because I was on them and the next time I heard the yelling I looked and saw it. Narrator: Jason is a fan for many years, and met the band a few times. The band recognized him on and liked it so much that they want to use the video for a clip on their website. Jason: That's very special but.. I already told other people, that's not the reason I was there. If it is peoples idea to go to concerts and think: "oh maybe I will be noticed and be put in a video clip", then that would be bad practice, I think. Interviewer: Yeah but as a fan, you can only dream about something like this, right? Jason: Yeah that's true. Narrator: On youtube the video is a big hit. After a week 71.000 people already seen that Jason is a real Editors fan. <Jason plays NSBTW> Narrator: And its not over yet, the band promised him a present. Its still a surprise but Jason has a proposal. Jason: The biggest gift they can get me allow me be their support with my own group. But I don't think they'll send me that. But.. I really don't know. I don't know what to expect. Everything I'll get is too much, really.

stream it here

NSBTW at Werchter 2010
stream it here

brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x