Sunday 4 May 2014

Another message from your host.....

Regular visitors who've been with the Archive since the beginning will be aware of the problems that sometimes occur with the file hosting sites that I use to post links. Who could forget that glorious day a couple of years ago when the FBI took megaupload down, and made all my links obsolete overnight? Ahhh, good times. Well, rapidshare (where I host the majority of links hereabouts) seem to be hell bent on getting rid of me as a customer, and today they succeeded.  

It was bad enough that they changed their whole upload/download policies a little while ago, making it more difficult for visitors to just stop by and grab the files they're after, but now they've gone one better.  Last month, in the middle of my subscription on the old pricing scheme, they changed the cost to make it a full five times more expensive to buy. It essentially went from 10 euros per month to 50 euros, which now officially puts rapidshare out of my price range. I could understand a slight increase, but to jack up the price that much all at once seems a little bit excessive.  I just can't afford it anymore, plain and simple.

What does that mean for you, dear reader? Well, it means that a great many of the rapidshare links on the blog are now dead/about to become dead. Luckily, I started doing mediafire links as well recently so a lot of the videos/music will still be accessible. In the meantime, I have to dust myself off and begin the arduous process of replacing all the links which will shortly be completely useless. There are 345 posts at the Archive, so you can imagine how long this is actually going to take. This could, of course, be viewed as a perfect opportunity to tap-out and just say "Fine, I give up." But this is Editors we're talking about, and while I still have this enthusiasm to get the word out there, I'll keep it going. 

So this week begins another new chapter (in a long list of new chapters) here at the Archive. I'm going to get busy replacing the links on my upcoming days off and I'll continue transferring stuff onto YouTube. It's going to take a while, but I'm on it. Thanks for your patience, hope life is good for you......

drew :) x