Saturday 11 February 2012

It's all good........


Hi everyone. As you are probably already aware, there was some "unpleasantness" here at the blog recently. When the file hosting website Megaupload was taken down by the Feds, it had the knock-on effect of making quite a few of the links here on the blog obsolete. No problem, I thought, I can just go back and re-upload everything somewhere else. It was at that stage that I discovered that pretty much ALL of the 60 posts I'd done up until that point now contained dead links, on virtually all the file hosting providers I'd used. Dark, dark days folks.

This is, unfortunately, one of the downsides of using free file sharing websites; the chance of links either being mistakenly flagged as "breaches of copyright"  by online record company filters and nuked, or just dying after a short space of time is too great.  However, there is a solution and it's become time to put my money where my mouth is.  If I am truly serious about creating an online resource for other fans out there, and I definitely am, then I'd have to set something a little bit more "legitimate". So I decided to take the plunge and buy a premium account with a file sharing website. The files will stay "live" for as long as I keep the subscription payments going, and the links won't be surrounded by lots of hideous advertising (another downside of  the free hosting sites). This means that you should be able to have access to everything shared here at a much greater speed, and for a lot longer. I want this little piece of internet real-estate to be something special. That's the plan, anyway.

I still have a hefty avalanche of interviews, live shows and oddities that I'm itching to pass your way. So stick around and I'll get busy uploading more goodies from 2006 very soon. Thanks for your patience :)

Hope life is good for you.......

drew :) x