Friday 25 June 2021

DRS Virus Playlist Special featuring Tom and Russell - 2010

 

I don't have a specific date for this one, unfortunately, other than it was in 2010. Tom and Russell guest hosted on the German-speaking Swiss radio station DRS Virus, an outlet that I think has since changed their name to SRF Virus. They put together a playlist of some of their favourite songs and aired them with a little bit of chat in between the tracks. In the interest of avoiding tampering with the artists' revenue streams, the music that was played during the show has been snipped out. Plus, if I'd left the songs intact I would have rapidly been given enough copyright strikes to sink the Archive on YouTube forever, and I don't really find that option to my liking at all. 
 
This is an hour and a half long broadcast condensed to just under 11 minutes, but I've included a list of the songs and performers below if you want to check them out. Some interesting points to note:-
  • Tom expressing an interest in making a soundtrack
  • Portishead being given the "Darker than Editors" tag
  • An unexpected Sigur Ros Story
I realise that this was recorded 11 years ago, but I wonder if that first desire is still relevant? They've had a professional soundtracker in their orbit before in the form on Clint Mansell for his interpretation of Nothing on The Weight of Your Love, so I would be curious to know if the subject ever came up? Enjoy the chit-chatter.


brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x