Sunday 31 December 2023

Editors Instagram - March 2024

 


March had the band continuing their mini-campaign across the UK and Europe, with most of the dates selling out. There are recordings available at the Archive from two of those stops, one from Antwerp and the other from Bath. On the subject of playing live, I had the most vivid dream about Editors last night. I was floating above a crowd (fully clothed, mercifully, it wasn't one of those dreams) at a show in Luxembourg, not sure when but it may have been this year.  The set list was very straightforward, containing all your favourite yet sad crowd-pleasing tracks. Things felt familiar. That was until they decided, out of the blue, to pull an absolute left-field move and play Crawl Down the Wall. How rare would that have been had it actually happened? Well, a search of this here blog will show that I don't have a single recorded copy of it being played live. 

Luckily, in my continuing slumber state I realised that as well as levitation skills, I had a taping device strapped to my left leg but I couldn't reach it to press "play". Also, most of my teeth suddenly fell out, although I'm still not sure what that meant. Anyway, after floating for a few more minutes whilst  struggling to reach the button of activation, I realised that it was too late and the song was over. It was then that I woke up frosted with a soul-deep chill of fear and panic, convinced I'd missed it but then reassured myself that it was all just a dream. There's no possible way in hell they would do that in real life. Nope, not at all, and it would be foolish to even consider that scenario. The mind sure is a strange machine, isn't it?  
 
In the midst of all this activity they announced a show at the Brixton Academy which will take place in May, and they did it with an assured amount of finesse. Rahi reappeared again with another one of his teaser trailers, and it didn't disappoint. I'll say it again, because it's still true, just imagine what Mr Rezvani could have done with their early singles. What if he'd been in charge of the ITLAOTE image-making? His artistic darkness meeting their own at that time would surely have made for some very interesting outcomes. How would he have approached Papillon? Remember that Arni & Kinski's  video for You Don't Know Love involved elements of dance, so it was clearly something they were open to even then. Move forward a few years and the clip for Cold by Rahi that was shot in Iceland also has a dancer. What would he have created with YDKL as the soundtrack? This is what happens when you  have time and an overactive imagination. 
 
April will be a month of no touring but will probably entail more rehearsing in preparation for the May dates. Who knows what else they're up to during this "down time"...
 
Honourable mention going out to Blanck Mass. I hope you're OK out there. 

Editors Instagram - March 2024

For all of Editors' previous Instagram posts, go here.
 
brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x