Thursday 9 February 2017

Oddity #21 - Famously Pointless

This is a small but wonderful fragment of the BBC game show Pointless. I won't go through the minutiae of the rules, and more importantly how you come to be declared the winner, because those aren't the relevant details here. I was sitting down to have something to eat last night and this staple of early evening UK television was playing. My attention was only half engaged in what was going on until I noticed the board for this particular round of the quiz. The basic premise being that you are given songs with city names in the title, and your job is to guess the band who wrote them using only the initials provided. What's great about the clip is not that the contestant knew the band, but rather the response from Richard Osman right at the end. I couldn't eat for giggling to myself. Enjoy ;)

stream it here 


And don't forget, you can catch up with other Editors Oddities using the following links:-


brought to you with lots and lots of lemming-love :) x